"To i Tao" Jam 1991
- MERGEN HARA BÍ (W. Rychly) 5'51
- TO Y TAO(M. Rychly) 11'14
- OI! (M. Rychly) 1'27
- SHHH... (M. Rychly) 8'42
- IT DRIZZLES UP THERE ON THE HOVERLA (M. Rychly) 21'32
CD is available at serpent.pl shop
(there you can listen samples of all tracks)
Japanese bamboo flute (I, IV, V) Armenian oboe (IV, V) ancient Slavic panpipes (I, V) harmonic flutes (I, II) willow bark flute (II) Rennaisance flutes (V) sycamore pipe (V) Bieszczady flute made from pear tree branch (II) bangchanter of Lubusko dronepipes (V) reed reeds (I, V) old Gdansk fiddle (II) calimba (II) cither (IV) clapper (IV) tympans (II, III, V) vocal (I, II, III, V) voices (I, V)
guitars (I, II, III, IV, V) tubular bells (V) voices (I)
cello (I, II, III, V) tympans (I, V) tabla (V) kettledrums (V) vibraphone (IV) percussion instruments (II, V) vocal (I, V) voices (I)
Wandering creates our music.
We meet musicians.
As others make gifts of objects,
they, too, were once endowed.
The spinning-wheel is spinning.
There is also the notation.
It is like grains.
We give it our attention,
a part of our biography.
It grows into us.
It is an important part of our life.
Culture is nothing - good or bad. It is cultivation.
There are many cutivations. There are monocultures.
How to measure richness? By multitude of harmonies.
He who feels harmony accepts the necessity of diversity.
When our own heritage becomes exotic it is a sign to us - a symptom of uprooting.
What is perception of the exotic if not luring the unknown?
Exoticism - a sing to attention. Alertness, attention create the field of growth.
What is so important in music that you want to give your biography to it?
The feeling of mutual presence.
It exists in a slit of the present given to us.
If you feel this impulse of life, undoubtedly you are a musician.
The forest and mountains are a sanctuary.
There spirituality finds refuge.
There are also the dreams. Dreaming reaches the boarders.
The culture of your growth does not depend on your choice.
It is a heritage. A fate. Difficult to talk about.
It needs to be fulfilled. And so it is done.
Journey glides like an archaic fish
I catch my strength
Always the same compulsion to wander
to keep afloat
TO Y OI TODA
TO Y TAO
TO ODA TAO
Lines get cofused
The ornament of the way interwines
In discovering the interrelated
* Here we live and dreamSOURCES
I. MERGEN HARA BÍ
II. TO Y TAO (THIS & TAO)
V. IT DRIZZLES UP THERE ON THE HOVERLA
- Ilpo Saastamoinen, KANSAT SOITTAVAT Helsinki 1985
Painokaari Oy nr 139, nr 141
- Ks. Wl. Skierkowski, Puszcza Kurpiowska..., Wydawnictwo Tow. Nauk, Plock 1934 vol. II z. III nr 708, next melodies nr 591, 616, 768, z. II nr 521
- A. Czekanowska, Ludowe melodie... PWM p. 186 nr 30
- J. Bobrowska, Skala pentatoniczna... Zeszyty naukowe nr 12 1977 p. 37 nr 8
- Stanislaw Mierczynski, Muzyka Huculszczyzny, PWM p. 90; p 64 nr 56; p. 64-65 nr 57; p. 93 nr 113; p. 82 nr 88; p. 73 nr 71; p. 76 nr 76; p. 96 nr 119; p. 103 nr 103; p. 104 nr 134; p. 110 nr 148; p. 79 nr 82; p. 100 nr 125; p. 58 nr 45; p. 49 nr 26